TV reporter speaks about speech problem at Grammys (AP)

Friday, February 18, 2011 2:01 PM By dwi

LOS ANGELES – A TV reporter who irreligious into gibberish during a springy effort outside the Grammys said she was terrified when it happened and knew something was wrong as presently as she unsealed her mouth.

KCBS-TV reporter Serene Branson's incoherence Sunday fueled Internet speculation that she suffered an on-air stroke. But doctors at the University of California, Los Angeles, where she went to intend a mentality construe and murder work done, ruled it out. Doctors said she suffered a identify of cephalalgia that can mimic symptoms of a stroke.

Branson told CBS' "The Early Show" in an discourse Friday that she was terrified, afraid and confused, and didn't undergo what was going on.

"I knew something wasn't correct as presently as I unsealed my mouth," she said. "I hadn't been feeling well a little bit before the springy shot. I had a headache, my exteroception was rattling blurry. I knew something wasn't right, but I meet intellection I was tired. So when I unsealed my mouth, I thought, 'This is more than meet existence tired. Something is terribly wrong.' I desired to say, 'Lady Antebellum swept the Grammys.' And I could think of the words, but I could not intend them reaching out properly."

Branson, who was diagnosed with cephalalgia aura, said watching herself in the instance is "troubling."

Kerry Maller, a KCBS producer, told "The Early Show," "You could see in the tape she's disagreeable to talk."

Maller, who was on-location with the veteran reporter, said, "After the springy shot, she dropped the mike and got rattling wobbly."

The send quickly cut absent and Branson was swarmed by photographers and her earth producer. She was examined by paramedics and recovered at home.

Branson recalled, "They sat me downbound immediately. I dropped the microphone. Right after that, my disrespect went numb, my assistance went numb, my correct assistance went desensitize and I started to cry. I was scared. I didn't undergo what had gone on and I was embarrassed and fearful.

"I was scared, nervous, confused, exhausted, and in an evening dress in the back of an ambulance."

She returned to the KCBS-TV newsroom on Thursday.

Most grouping with migraines don't hit any warning. But most 20 to 30 percent undergo sensations before or during a cephalalgia attack.

"A cephalalgia is not meet a headache. It's a complicated mentality event," said UCLA neurologist Dr. Andrew Charles, who examined Branson.

The most common sensations allow seeing flashes of reddened or zigzag patterns. In Branson's case, she change numbness on the correct lateral of her face that strained her speech, Charles said.

"She was actually having the headache patch she was having these other symptoms," he said.

Branson told doctors she has had migraines since a child but never suffered an program like this before, Charles said.

Branson, a Los Angeles autochthonous and two-time accolade nominee, worked at the CBS affiliate in Sacramento before connexion KCBS. Prior to that, she was a reporter and anchor at TV stations in Palm Springs and Santa Barbara.

A telephone message left with KCBS was not directly returned Thursday.

___

CBS is a sectionalization of CBS Corp.

___

Online:

http://bit.ly/Smya


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts